Well, by the time you will start searching a domain name, you will understand the meaning of the title. Guys who have gone through this process knows how hard is to get a new good domain name (especially .com) now a days. I personally think that the .com availability is heading towards extinction. Gone are those days when internet was accessed by few tech savvy geeks. Now a days, domain can be registered for as low as $10 and internet can be accessed for as low as $5 pm. So why shouldn't there be shortage of good domain name in the planet with population over 7 billion.
Tricks to Secure a Good Domain Name
But with some tips and tricks it is possible to get a good looking domain. Some tricks you should know before you register your domain name:
- Always use a word dictionary to find a suitable name (but remember to keep it simple).
- Word merging trend is becoming more and more popular (e.g. blogiesta.com, blogtrepreneur.com)
- I admit .com is king, but don't stick to it. Try some different domain extensions. There are tons available.
- Start hunting for expired domains. You can use free services such as NameJet.
- If you have spare money, try to buy some high end domains by contacting the owner directly.
- Also You can use domain name search website to search available name which you have never thought.
- At last and most important, use your creativity. There always a name available.
Best of luck for your domain name search. Remind me of any tricks which I have forgotten in the comment section below.